- About Us
- Support and Help
- Login | Sign Up
- Free Online Courses
- My Dashboard
The 2nd Edition of the FIDIC Rainbow Suite contains much improvements compared to the 1999 1st Edition. Whilst considerably longer in length, the 2017 Editions of FIDIC contracts contains more robust procedures, the use of which is binding on both the Employer, the Contractor and the Engineer/Employer’s Representative. Failure to adhere to these procedures can be catastrophic. It is vital, therefore, to gain a thorough understanding of the terms and conditions contained in FIDIC contracts, including its procedures. The aim of this very practical course is, therefore, to make the procurement, management and administration of FIDIC contracts easy through the use of templates, case studies and examples and by drawing upon the facilitator’s years of experience in dealing with these contracts and in advising blue-chip clients. Whilst the course will focus on the provisions of the Red Book, delegates will be able to master all the contracts making up the FIDIC 2017 edition.
Although the 1999 editions of FIDIC forms of contract are still being used by many Employer’s,
many international funding agencies have signed an agreement with FIDIC in terms of which
they undertake, for the next five years, to use the 2017 editions in all instances where they will
be providing funding for a project. As a result, it is expected that the new editions will have a quick uptake by the market. The new editions are regarded by most practitioners and legal experts as a vast improvement on the earlier, 1999 editions. The new editions certainly place much emphasis on procedures and many of these have changed. Some procedures, which are mandatory, have become more complex and require explanation and training. The role of the engineer has also changed substantially. Understanding how to procure, manage and to administer these contracts correctly is essential. Given its practical approach, attending this training will ensure that you get to grips with all aspects of the new editions quickly and easily.
• Learn how to select the appropriate FIDIC contracts for your project
• Learn how the prepare the various contract documents that make up the contract including the Appendix to Tender, Specifications or Employer’s Requirements as well as the Particular Conditions of Contract
• Understand the role and function of the Engineer
• Understand the provisions relating to the giving of instructions, notices etc.
• Get to grips with all the requirements relating to the preparation and revision do the program
• Deal effectively with variations
• Understand when claims may be brought and the procedures applicable to the notification and submission of claims
• How to deal with defective work and understand the certification process leading up to the taking-over of the works
• Understand the payment provisions as well as how to quantify the value of work executed sing the Bill of Quantities or Schedule of Payments
• Understand the obligations that rest on the contractor when the contractor is responsible for the design of the works or any part thereof
• How to deal with and notify disputes
• Understand the grounds for an procedures applicable to the termination of the contract
• CPD points that add value: – Earning CPD points are crucial to retaining your professional designation as well as for your, as well as your business’ success. This course not only provides you with the CPD points needed, but also adds value to your career by delivering practical
training that provides you with the skills to integrate the knowledge gained in the classroom into real world projects.
• Certificate of Completion: – During and at the end of the course your knowledge of the training material and the application thereof will be tested. On successful completion you will receive a certificate that not only verifies that you have attended the course, but also that you have
obtained the knowledge required to manage your projects successfully.
You should never stop learning. Whether your business falls under the scope of technology, civil engineering, or financial services, your industry will always be in a state of constant change. When you cease to stay up-to-date with trends that can affect your brand, you cease to compete with your counterparts and fall further away from your customer’s interests.
Impress Your Boss
How can you make yourself more impressive and stand out from your co-workers? Attending Webinars enables you to grow your knowledge of best practices that are pertinent to your brand and industry. This may be the missing piece when a job opens — you look more appealing to upper management and have a better chance at getting that corner office. Using webinars as a form of education can increase your knowledge of latest trends and strategies and, at the same time, increase your professional worth to your company.
Learn from the Pros
Knowledgeable Experts. Tacit Skills has been fortunate to have some of the most esteemed industry experts on board, from leading Project Managers with years of experience to Civil Engineers who has been the biggest projects around the world. Our experts have experience in the field, discussing real challenges and success stories. As an attendee, you should be confident that what you are learning is first-hand knowledge from subject matter experts.
Besides the fact that there are no travel costs involved with attending a Webinar, the price of registration is typically much lower than other options. In addition, multiple participants can view the Webinar at a single location and therefore “pay” for only one connection. An entire team can gather in one conference room to attend together and discuss the Webinar content without having to invest time and money traveling to and from a physical seminar location.
Coenraad Snyman is a seasoned lawyer, international trainer, consultant and strategist in the areas of Contract Drafting, Management and Administration; Procurement; Building; Engineering; Construction; Oil & Gas; EPC, EPCIC and EPCM contracts (including both FIDIC [1999 and 2017 editions] and NEC3/4 forms of contract).
Mr. Snyman is a trusted advisor to many blue-chip clients including Anglo American, Anglo Platinum, Anglo Gold Ashanti, AUSENCO, HATCH, SNC-Lavalin Group INC, AECOM, FLUOR Corporation, Mea Aqua Africa (Pty) Ltd, ACTOM, Turner & Townsend, Proplan Consulting Engineers, Proxa, HKA, Hill International and various construction companies including Group 5 Structured Engineering and Stefanutti Stocks, ACSA, Transnet, ESKOM, UAE’s Ministry of Infrastructure Development (MOID), the Government of the Maldives; the Sultanate of Brunei; the Sultanate of Oman and the Government of South Africa.
Currently Mr. Snyman is the owner and CEO of Coen Snyman International; Head of Training and Partner at Consultant’s House (based in Dubai, UAE). Previous positions included the Director and Head of Contract Services (Africa) at Turner & Townsend (Pty) Ltd; Senior Contract Specialist at Anglo Gold Ashanti and Head of Training at HKA (for Africa, the Middle East, KSA and Asia).
Mr. Snyman is an affiliate member of the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC), a member of the IACCM and an admitted attorney in the High Courts of South Africa and the Kingdom of Lesotho.
Payments secured with SSL protocol
CPD Points: 2
Course Type: Live Webinar
Recordings: After Live Sessions
Course Duration: 7 Hours
Course Date: 10 – 14 May 2021
Sessions Time: 19:00 – 21:45
Sessions: 5 Evening Sessions
This course is split into 5 evening sessions from 19:00 – 21:45 – Giving you the opportunity to focus on on-projects at work and do the course after work.
If you don’t already have an account click the button below to create your account.Create New Account