Account / Profile
Should you require more assistance, please email us on email@example.com or use our Ticketing System
Every CPD Portal account includes a profile page, where you can share information about yourself, and add links to your personal website or social media profiles.
For CPD Portal instructors, your profile is also your Instructor biography, and is your dedicated space to present your expertise, your experience, and your personality.
How to Edit Your Profile
To edit your profile, including your profile’s image, navigate to My Dashboard, click on settings, you may change your profile as well as your information there.
To edit your profile bio, simply type in your first and last name, your headline, and what you want your biography to say. Next, click Save at the bottom of the page.
How to Upload Your Profile Picture
To upload (or edit) your profile picture, click Photo on the left-hand side of your Profile page. Then choose an image from your computer to upload. Once it’s uploaded, you can crop it, if necessary, and then click Save.
How to Add External Links to Your Profile
In your profile you can add links to your personal website, YouTube channel, and social media profiles like Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. These links can provide more information about your experience and credentials and are a great way for instructors to tell students more about them and increase their audience.
To add external links to your profile, scroll to the bottom of your Profile page and enter your information. After you have entered the external links, click Save.
Editing Your Privacy Settings
You can access your privacy settings and set whether you wish to have your profile publicly visible on the Privacy page. In addition, you can also set whether you wish to share what courses you are enrolled in, on this page. By default, account profiles are publicly visible, unless the settings are changed.
Your privacy settings can be accessed by clicking on Privacy on the left-hand side of your Profile page.
If you have accidentally created two CPD Portal accounts, we can merge them together for you. In the process, your course progress and purchase history will be transferred. Please note, however, that private messages and bookmarks will not be transferred. Be sure to save any important information you wish to keep before proceeding with the process.
To merge your accounts, we will need to verify that you are the account holder of both accounts. Please initiate the merge account process by submitting a support ticket.
Please note: CPD Portal for Training Providers accounts and CPD Portal marketplace accounts are treated separately and cannot be merged. In addition, instructor accounts cannot be merged at this time. Since instructor accounts have unique revenue reports and additional data that has been generated, merging this information with another account cannot be facilitated.
We know how upsetting it can be if you think your account may have been accessed without your authorization. But, before you panic and conclude your account has been compromised, consider whether there may be a reasonable explanation for the activity you’ve encountered. Here are some common explanations for activity that can be mistaken for a security breach.
I can’t login:
Is it possible you’ve forgotten your password? Or if you have recently created an account, could the password that was entered be different than you recall? If so, you can request a password reset email by accessing the Lost Password Tab in My Accounts menu.
It looks like someone was watching my courses:
Has someone you know used your computer or mobile device recently? Is it possible they watched one of your CPD Portal courses? Or, could you have left a lecture playing by accident? Do you have the autoplay enabled in the lecture player? If so, this could explain why your course progress is presented differently than what you recall.
What to do if you believe your account was compromised
If you’ve noticed suspicious activity in your account, which cannot be explained by the reasons above, then immediately request a password reset email. Accounts can become compromised if an individual gained access to your login credentials through fraudulent activities, like for example, a phishing scam.
Please note: your password will automatically be reset after you initiate the password reset process.
If you do not receive the password reset message within an hour, please check your spam folder.
If you do not receive a password reset email, and are unable to set a new password, then please contact CPD Portal Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
CPD Portal has security protocols in place to help keep your account secure, but there are several things you can also do to protect your account, and dramatically reduce the likelihood of it being compromised.
Create a Strong Password
Choosing a strong and unique password is an extremely effective way to protect your account and prevent unauthorized access. While selecting a password for your account, we strongly recommend you consider the following:
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters long. Remember that longer passwords are always better since they are harder to crack.
- The best passwords are longer and contain a mix of letters, numbers, symbols (e.g. #, !, &), uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Passwords should be unique to you and should not contain:
- Sequential letters or numbers (e.g. abcdefgh, 12345678)
- Repeating letters or numbers (e.g. dddddddd, 88888888)
- Words that are commonly used in the dictionary or across the internet
- Words related to our site (e.g. “CPD Portal”)
- Your own name or email address, or words you might use on your social media accounts like your location or favourite team
- Don’t use obvious numbers (for example, don’t use numbers that are in your birthday or phone number)
- Create a unique password for each account and service you have, rather than using the same password for each site, especially if there have been security breaches with those passwords. This way if one of your accounts is compromised, then that password cannot be used to gain access into your other accounts.
- Rather than creating your own complex password, use a browser plug-in, system keychain, or third-party password manager to create and store complex passwords.
Change Your Password Periodically
We also recommend changing your password periodically, as this is another great way to keep your account secure. When you do change your password, we recommend creating a new one, rather than using a password you’ve already used.
More Tips to Protect Your Account
In addition to selecting a strong and unique password, there are several other simple ways you can protect your account, and greatly reduce the likelihood of it being compromised.
- If you’re accessing your CPD Portal account from a public or shared device, be sure to log out of your account when you’re finished studying.
- Always log in at https://www.CPD Portal.co.za/. Check the URL of the page before you enter your login info if you’re unsure. In addition, you can also type https://www.CPD Portal.co.za/ directly into your browser.
- Do not write down or store your password in your files or online accounts.
- Do not share your CPD Portal account or account credentials with others.
- If a computer or mobile device you used to access your CPD Portal account is lost or stolen, use another device to initiate a password reset email.
If you want to make purchasing courses faster and easier, you can securely save your credit or debit card information in your CPD Portal account. This way you will not need to re-enter the card information each time you purchase a course.
Credit Card Security
CPD Portal never stores your full credit or debit card information on our systems. Instead, we work with credit card payment processors who are certified under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
When you enter your credit or debit card details on CPD Portal, that information is sent directly to secure databases maintained by these payment processors, who then complete the transaction. That partner will then provide us with a portion of the stored information (such as the last four digits of your card number) to help do things like document your purchases and label your saved cards.
During this process, our partner will also provide us with a randomly generated alphanumeric ID called a “token”. This token allows us to reference a saved card during future transactions, even though we don’t have the full card number on file ourselves. Because we store a token instead of the full credit card number you originally provided, there is no way for anyone who is logged in to your CPD Portal account to obtain your full credit card information from within your account. In addition, there is no way for a third party to reverse-engineer a token ID to obtain the credit card information.
Adjusting Your Transaction Information Settings
You can have the system automatically select your saved card for a purchase, by turning on the Keep transaction information for further purchases option. If this option is turned off, however, then no card’s information will be entered, and the payment page will not select the Remember this card box.
To either activate or disable this option, please follow the steps below:
- Move the cursor to your profile picture at the top right of the page
- Click Payment Methods from the dropdown menu
- Toggle on or off the Keep transaction information for further purchases option
This article explains how you can sign up with CPD Portal and begin your learning experience today.
Sign up with an email and password
- Click Sign Up at the top right. Enter your name, your email address, and a unique password.
- Select whether you wish to receive promotional emails and recommendations from CPD Portal.
- Click Sign Up.
Log in with an email and password
- Click Log in at the top right.
- Enter the credentials you used to sign up.
- Click Log in.
Log in with Facebook or Google
- Click Log in at the top right.
- Select Continue with Facebook or Continue with Google.
- Follow the prompts to complete the sign in process.
Please note: when you sign up using the Google or Facebook option, no password is created for your CPD Portal account. If you wish to create a password for your CPD Portal account and log in with the same email address that’s registered with Google or Facebook.
How to log out of your CPD Portal account
If you’re accessing your CPD Portal account from a public or shared device, be sure to log out of your account when you’re finished studying.
- Move your cursor to your profile avatar at the top right.
- Click Log out in the dropdown menu.